New Thunderbolt 3 devices from OWC
Several news sites report an announcement from OWC that talks about several new Thunderbolt 3 devices. OWC is known for its MacSales.com website, which is obviously focused on Mac upgrades and peripherals. It’s not just a reseller; they pride themselves on developing new products as well. Usually these are aimed at the premium part of the market and we bet that these newly announced products are no different.
- Thunderbolt 3 dock: the only currently announced dock with a FireWire port
- Mercury Viper: portable Thunderbolt 3 SSD
- ThunderBay 6: an enclosure with six harddrive bays
- Helios FX: external GPU powered by Thunderbolt 3
- Envoy Pro EX: pocket-sized Thunderbolt 3 SSD
For most people, the most interesting of these will be the OWC Thunderbolt 3 dock, which has been in development for some time. The release date has been pushed forward more than once, but our educated guess is that this will happen in the coming one or two months.